Missouri tennis survives in SEC tournament first round
April 16, 2014
Posted by on
Coach Sasha Schmid looks on at Missouri’s match against Arkansas in the first round of the SEC women’s tennis tournament on Wednesday, April 16 at the Mizzou Tennis Complex in Columbia, Mo.
Rachel Stuhlmann hits a forehand against Arkansas Razorback Sarah McLean. Stuhlmann’s match would go unfinished, but Missouri would ultimately win the match, 4-0.
Cassidy Spearman (left) and Kellie Hine (right) celebrate their victory against Sarah McLean and Flavia Araujo of Arkansas. The duo won the set by a final score of 8-6.
Story and pictures by Ky Bright
No. 13 seed Missouri shutout No.12 seed Arkansas for a 4-0 match victory in the first round of the SEC women’s tennis tournament on Wednesday at the Mizzou Tennis Complex.
The Tigers captured the doubles point with victories in the No. 1 and No. 3 sets. Missouri singles won three sets out of six to secure the victory. Missouri will advance to face No. 5 seed Texas A&M on Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
- Cierra Gaytan-Leach, Missouri defeated Shannon Hudson, Arkanasas 7-6(7-3), 7-5
- Kelli Hine, Missouri vs. Yang Pang, Arkansas 6-1, 4-6, 4-5 unfinished
- Rachel Stuhlmann, Missouri vs. Sarah McLean, Arkansas 0-6, 6-2, 4-4 unfinished
- Madison Rhyner, Missouri defeated Oleksandra Shkorupeieva, Arkansas 7-5, 6-3
- Alex Clark, Missouri vs. Kimberly-Ann Surin, Arkansas 5-7, 6-0, 4-1 unfinished
- Cassidy Spearman, Missouri defeated Flavia Araujo, Arkansas 6-3, 6-1
- Cierra Gayan-Leach/Rachel Stuhlmann, Missouri defeated Kimberly-Ann Surin/Shannon Hudson, Arkansas 8-3
- Yang Pang/Oleksandra Shorupeleva, Arkansas defeated Alex Clark/Madison Rhyner 8-1
- Kelli Hine/Cassidy Spearman, Missouri defeated Sarah McLean/Flavia Araujo, Arkansas 8-6